Saturday, July 30, 2005

Halle, thunder and rain

Tonight I'm not just attending one of my wife's concerts - I'm participating. For tonight's and tomorrow's concerts I'm acting as MC at Tatton Park, near Manchester.

Yes, I will be on stage introducing the Halle Orchestra and, tomorrow, Will Young, in front of 10,000 people each night.

Nervous? No, not yet.

I'm actually blogging right now from a portakabin in a field at Tatton Park. They have wireless installed and my god, I feel I'm finally justifying the cost of this laptop!

The Halle orchestra is warming up right now, a lovely sonorous piece. Security staff and event staff are running about, hard at work, while I sit about.

Sadly, it is pouring with rain. Not the ideal conditions for a summer's day picnic concert. I fear some pork pies are going to get quite soggy.

But as MC it will be down to me to jolly the crowd. We're British, we're used to such summer conditions.

I'll drop some pix onto Flickr if I can track down my wife's digital camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home